AUTHOR: Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc.
AVAILABILITY: Immediate download and unlock of module
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS: Includes footnotes, cross-references, paragraphs and poetry indentions, red letters, passage headings
The New King James Version is a total update of the 1611 King James Version, also known as the “Authorized Version.” Every attempt has been made to maintain the beauty of the original version while updating the English grammar to contemporary style and usage. The result is much better “readability.” It is noteworthy that the NKJV is one of the few modern translations still based on the “Western” or “Byzantine” manuscript tradition. This makes the New King James Version an invaluable aid to comparative English Bible study.
Commissioned in 1975 by Thomas Nelson Publishers, 130 respected Bible scholars, church leaders, and lay Christians worked for seven years to create a completely modern edition of the King James Version that would continue the classic tradition of the original King James. With unyielding faithfulness to the original Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic texts, the translators applied the most recent research in archaeology, linguistics, and textual studies. The resulting work provides today’s Bible reader with an accurate and modern translation of the Scriptures with the stylistic beauty and memorable quality of the King James.
Features of the electronic edition for theWord
The electronic edition of the NKJV for theWord Bible Software provides accurate rendering of the printed text, including:
- Passage/Chapter headings
- Red letters
- Parallel passages
- marking of added words (italics)
- Old Testament quotes in the New Testament identified and marked
- Psalm titles, indetion, poetry and prose paragraph formatting
All these features can be switched on/off to simplify the plain reading of the Bible as needed.
This is a premium Module available at theWordbooks.com for $29.95.
More from this Category:English
- A Conservative Version ACV
- American King James Version AKJV (1999)
- American Standard Version (ASV)
- AMP The Amplified Bible
- Bible in Basic English (BBE)
- Brenton’s English Septuagint (Brenton) (1851)
- CEB Common English Bible
- Complete Jewish Bible CBJ
- Concordant Literal Version CLU
- Douay-Rheims Bible, Challoner Revision
- ESV English Standard Version
- ExeGeses Ready Research Bible ERRB
- God’s Word Translation
- Good News Translation in Today’s English Version with Apocrypha
- Hebrews Name Version HNV
- Henry T. Anderson New Testament (1865)
- Holy New Covenant NT
- International Standard Version Bible (ISV)
- J.B. Phillips New Testament
- J.W. Etheridges English Translation of the Peshitta.
- Jewish Publication Society Old Testament
- King James 1611
- Modern King James Version
- Murdock English Translation of the Peshitta
- NASB New American Standard Bible 1977
- NIV theWord New International Version 2011
- NKJV New King James Version
- NLT New Living Translation
- The Message Bible
- The New World Translation theWord Bible (Jehovah’s Witness)
- Thomson Translation
- VW A Voice in the Wilderness Bible
- Word of Yahweh (WoY)